BREAKING: Buhari, APC in early closure of defence in presidential election dispute

President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) just closed defence in the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the Presidential Erection Petition Court (PEPC).

Barr. Wole Olanipekun (SAN), Buhari’s lead lawyer and lead lawyer to the APC, Lateef Fagbemi announced that the 2nd and 3rd respondents (Buhari and APC respectively) were closing their defence in the case.

Recall that Buhari called six witnesses and tendered documents between Tuesday and Wednesday.

The defence was supposed to continue today but his lawyer told the court that, having reviewed their case and evidence led so far, they were satisfied that they had done enough to earn victory.

Fagbemi, who spoke later, also spoke in similar vein with Olanipekun and said the 3rd respondent has also decided to close its case.

Details shortly…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.